Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kae Couture Interview


Kae Couture Interview

I was able to get these responses from this brilliant up and coming designer in Atlanta, Kenyatta Williams CEO of Kae Couture. In 2007 I got to sit in on one of her very first photo shoots and I’ve been a fan ever since. Her designs are truly original and her professionalism is unmatched. I sat in amazement seeing this high school student sewing each outfit, doing model fittings, scouting locations and pulling off an amazing photo shoot. Don’t sleep on this girl because this is really just the beginning of her career and I know she still has a long way to go.

Her designs make me really want to get my body beach ready.
It might take some time but if I have these swimsuits to look forward to fitting into it just might happen!





Basic Stats:
Name: Kenyatta Williams
Age: 22
Location: Atlanta, GA

What is the name of your line and how did you come up with it?
The name of my line is Kae Couture. I want to come up with a name that represented me and what my line represented. My manager and I sat down a brainstormed for hours. Then we can up with Kae, short or initial for Kenyatta, and Couture, since my pieces are one of a kind custom wears.


How long have you been interested in fashion?
I have literally been interested with fashion all my life. From my childhood days I remember ripping, tearing, and hand sewing T- shirts together to make something new out of it like dresses or stylish blouses.

Can you remember what or who first inspired you?
I have many inspirations. I’m always getting inspiration from the fabric used in the clothing. I was inspired by the many designers and lines. One in particular is Gottex. And always seeing those plain jane suits in the store. I just felt that the world needed a little more Kae Couture in the world to spice up the beaches and the French Rivera

Describe who you are as a designer?
As a designer I’m both innovative and iconoclastic. My design house is based on sophisticated and glamorous adult culture. My main priority with my designs remains on the comfort and personal style of the woman who wears them.

How has your line evolved since you first began designing?
My line has evolved tremendously and will continue for the years to come. My aesthetic has matured so much. Over the years I have learned to have a keen eye for what complement what color or what styles are the best and how to make people say I know that was a Kae Couture swimsuit from a mile away.

What’s your take on the way things are going in the fashion industry today, especially in Atlanta?
The fashion industry as a whole is literally booming. Compare it to the baby boomer era, its popping up everywhere. In the Atlanta network the fashion industry is evolving year after year. With the help of more designers come out of Atlanta and more media I’ll say that Atlanta is not far from the New York, Miami, and Los Angeles market.

What are some of the hardest challenges you’ve had to face as a designer? Have you been able to overcome those challenges? If so, how?
The challenges that I have to face as an designer is to keep it fresh and new. And always being in the public eye to get exposure. You can be in today but out tomorrow. I have been able to overcome that. I always keep Kae Couture out there. Doing show after show and shoot after shoot. Getting interviews for blogs, magazines, seminars and doing product placement. I have hundred of designs and I am constantly creating something new.

What’s your ultimate direction for yourself?
Success is my Vice. Ultimately I want Kae Couture to be on top of the fashion chain no matter what it takes.

What are you working on right now?
Right now I am currently working on my 2010 collection, catalog, as well as an calendar. 2010 for Kae Couture is going to be outstanding. Keep an eye out!

How can fans-to-be gain access to you and your clothing?

www.kaecouture.com

Join Kae Couture’s fan page on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Kae-Couture/51264378363?ref=sgm

www.myspace.com/kaecouture

Any last words?
Thank God for blessing me the talent and the patience to pursue my passion.
Thank you to my Family without them I couldn’t do it.
Thank you to all my supports
Until next time, For The Love of Fashion, Live, Laugh, Love Muah


Some samples of Kae Couture!
Told you this girl was bad!
Go to her website to see more of her awesome work
And if you got any sense you’d go to facebook right now and become a fan!
That’s it from Mandy
Upenyu Lives!!